This Article Will Reveal To You The Secret Ingredients To Digital Marketing Success!
This article’s headline is a spoiler, right? Well if you think that way and plan to skip reading the whole thing thinking you’ve already known how this articles ends then you’d be missing a whole lot.
Read on, learn, get motivated and find out the secret in cooking the best digital marketing for your business. You see, the wok thickens as you read this . . . pun intended!
The Basics: Digital Marketing In A Nutshell
First off, for the newbies (and the not-so-new-but-needs-some-refresher) digital marketing is the hotchpotch of targeted, quantifiable, and interdisciplinary, intermutually related digital marketing products, tools and services that uses digital know-hows to help businesses, online entrepreneurs, would-be e-commerce owners and other interests to connect more efficiently with target customers and clients, generate more leads, convert leads into customers and ultimately, having those converted leads into quantifiable buyers from the world wide web —the internet.
Digital marketing can be delivered through various channels including, but not limited to display advertising (such as Google’s Display Ads, Text Ads, Call Ads and others), social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and other social platforms), email marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (or SEM for Google, Yahoo and other search engine platforms) and video adverts.
Early on we’ve written that digital marketing (DM) is a hotchpotch —a stew of sorts—because it is actually a combination of different DM channels working together complementing each other to achieve desired results. Identify your goals and objectives and particular areas of focus. Know what you want improved such as:
- Optimum page ranks of site pages, preferably of the first page of search engine search results page.
- High leads generation
- High conversion rate
- Robust social community following revolving around the product or brand of the company.
- Strong social presence with increasing likes, shares, retweets, reposts, follows, etc.
The Ingredients of A Successful Digital Marketing
Of course, after considering and figuring your desired results including your goals and objectives, the next thing to do is to plan. A plan organizes your thoughts and courses of actions to achieve what you have in mind for your company, your product or brand.
You cannot create success out of nothing. Ruling out coincidence and chance, in order to be successful in the digital market, you must plan, plan, and plan! Remember that there are hundreds of thousands, possibly millions or websites offering the same or almost the same products, tools or services that you have or offer.
So what are your ingredients for having a successful digital marketing? Here’s the basics:
- Superb, Professional and Functional Website Design. It starts with having a superb, well layout and functioning website. Your website is your portal (gateway) to the infinite digital world. It is your “indispensable communication and marketing tool that can help you leverage the power of the internet towards your business’s advantage”. It tells online searchers who you are and what you have to offer (Homepage and About Us page), what you sell, your product and/or service (Product page or Services page), how to contact and get in touch with you (Contact Us page).
Your website is your virtual face on the internet and as such, should look and feel professional, informative and above all, easy to navigate. The following can be the areas of focus when designing or revamping your website:
- Coherent and well organized pages with relevant call-to-action so online searchers remember you about what you can offer them.
- Relevant content that is important for searchers.
- Website design optimized for multiple platforms and is mobile-friendly too.
- Website content contains niche or industry-related keywords and phrases designed for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Informative and relevant blog. Having a blog on your website increases your authority and relevance on topics, products, tools and services that online searchers are inclined to have or procure.
Your website must include a blog that can provide would-be customers with handy, important information. S.E.T your blog so that it’ll:
- Simple for online readers to subscribe.
- Effortlessly share content on social media platforms.
- Talk and communicate your expertise and knowledge.
- SEO-proof online marketing. Online search is the entry point of potential customers when they have the need for what you provide or sell. For you to be visible in the internet, your site, blog and social posts must be SEO ready.
Incorporating search engine optimization (SEO) techniques ensures your online presence and to do that, keep in mind the following:
- Ensure that the pages of your website are optimized for the search engines for it to appear on the results pages.
- Research relevant keywords to your niche or industry that are frequently searched by people.
- Use your researched keywords on your website, blog and social media.
- Email to market yourself. Email marketing is an excellent way to connect to and contact potential clients and customers. It can update them what you currently have, inform about new products and services, special offers or sale and can do a whole lot more!
In employing for email marketing, remember the following:
- Create and design an appealing email that reflects the look and feel of your website or blog.
- Provide updates and other useful and relevant information.
- Regularly send emails to help you convert targets clients to actual customers.
- Social-proof online presence. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and other social media platforms are excellent mediums to reach out to a wider and more varied audience.
Some advantages you can have in using social media are:
- Excellent medium to create a more solid community revolving around your brand while encouraging interaction by and between your brand and the people interested in you.
- Helps your brand to remain on people’s interest through timely and relevant posts and updates.
- Allows your brand to resonate by reaching to a broader and wider range of people with minimal cost and has a viral tendency.
- Analytics. Take advantage of metrics that measures results on your campaigns and undertakings. Analytics and metrics also tells you trends that you can capitalize on for your website, blog, email campaigns, search engine ranking, and social media reach plays a crucial role in any online marketing strategy. The most important metrics to measure include:
- Website: Website analytics would show you the number of site visitors, which pages gets more views, average time per site visit, bounce rate, landing and exit pages, contents most read, number of leads generated and page conversions.
- Blog: Blog metrics will show you the number of subscribers, page views and visitors, pages most visited, page comments, number of clicks, page / content ranks, inbound links to contents, and shares on social media platforms.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Shows you the rank of your website’s pages, unique searches, pages indexed by search engines, inbound links to your pages and content, relevant keywords and key phrases generating traffic, and other related data.
- Email Marketing: Data generated by email marketing will show you how many emails were sent, bounce rate, opt-outs, number of emails opened, number of clicks generated, emails forwarded.
- Social Media: Metrics of social media platforms will generally show you the number of views, likes, shares, followers, retweets, reposts, clicks, and as well as unique engagements.
The Reveal: The Perfect Ingredients To Digital Marketing Success
Our secret recipe is a guide to achieving your goals and objectives. Having the right mix of digital marketing is more akin to cooking. Our recipe is your guide. As with any guide, you can adjust to taste and need, and adjust the flavour as well. Mix and match the various ingredients that you can use to suit your taste —ergo, need —for your specific business, e-commerce site and according to your niche, industry and market.
Lest we be tagged as not keeping to our promise. We are revealing the well-kept secret of having a highly successful digital marketing . . . the secret is . . . NOTHING . . . yup, you read this right. Nothing is secret here.
With the right ingredients, a dash of experience from experts and a pinch of experiment, you too can make a wonderful digital marketing mix that can surely serve the purpose and intent you have for your online presence.