For many business entrepreneurs, especially for those contemplating to sell products, tools and even services, merely having a website up and running can seem like an enormous and tedious task as it is. For them, it is just sufficient to construct an appealable decent website with superb layout (that would also appear great on any device such as desktop and mobile) and then that’s it. It’ll then just run on itself, bring in the numbers and inquiries. Sorry to burst the bubble but if you truly want to make a mark and stick out among the multitude of competing industry sites, which, incidentally, is vying for the same customers as you do, building an attractive and visually appealing website is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Because once you have chosen the perfect layout for your website, you have to begin contemplating what you need provide for your viewers and online searchers. And that, my friend, is quality content. This means creating a blog.
Why The Need For Blog?
Obviously, the initial set of questions that may necessarily come to many website owners’ minds can be stated thus: “Why would I need to start and maintain a blog? I can barely squeeze time for all the things I need to do!”
In the digital world, there are hundreds of thousands, even millions of websites selling the same products, tools and services as you do. You cannot claim to monopolize your respective niches and industries. This means the inherent challenge is to get your prospective customers attention fast before your competitors do. You do this by making your consumers see the value, relevance and importance of your product so that they will necessarily choose you over your competitor.
No need to fret though, you are not alone. A substantial number of companies say that their greatest obstacle is producing quality online traffic and quality leads.
If you are concerned with this and you yourself are facing same problem, having a blog can be the perfect solution.
To Blog Or Not To Blog: That’s Everyone’s Question
Hopefully Shakespeare’s not throwing a fit down under should he ever know about changing his words. However, that really is the underlying question why most companies neglect or do not have time to blog about their respective products, services, tools and whatnot’s.
Is maintaining a blog really essential for the 21st century business owner? You bet it is!
So, what do you get from having a blog? Here are some reasons why you must have one:
- A blog establishes and demonstrates your authority. When you blog, you establish your brand’s authority, it demonstrates to online searchers that you are an authority when it comes to areas that pertain to your respective niche and industry.
A blog is essential for you to stand out as a niche and industry expert and assures would-be customers that, when they pick you to be their partner, you have all the competencies, all the necessary support and tools to successfully pursue your partnership with them. It also, corollary, tell your would-be clients and customers that they are in the right hands to do business with you.
Maintaining a blog and giving out thoughts, ideas and technical knowhow can literally set you apart from the fierce competition on the digital frontier. In an age where every information, is, quite literally, at the tip of the fingertips, a blog sets you far above competitors who may not display to clients and consumers the same level of expertise and competency you demonstrate.
Tip: Online customers and clients admire well-informed and knowledgeable companies. It’s what they look for before making any decisions in purchasing or joining something online.
- A blog is essential to drive online traffic to your website. Introducing yourself as a reliable, capable and legitimate source of information around something your company specializes isn’t just significant because it captures and sways consumers towards you, but also because it allows the pages of your website to develop authority by showing that you provide legitimate and relevant information which can drive more audiences to the other pages on your site.
In the SEO world, a blog proves invaluable because it helps your sites pages to appear more often on online searches for a vast quantity of subjects. Come to think of it, below 10% of online searchers view past the first page of search results page, specially in Google. It is, therefore very important that you maximize the online optimization of your website and employ the help of having a blog for your inbound marketing strategies.
- A blog provides key answers to questions your customer is asking. Your clients —especially those thinking of engaging with you — have many questions that they want answered before making any business with you. This much is true especially for businesses engaged in a complex industry. A blog proves to be a much suitable platform to answer questions for interested customers.
What’s special about having a blog is that you’re reaching out and engaging to people who are, by this time, already intent and keenly looking for what you have to offer or provide.
- Gives Emphasize To Your Products or Services. What better way to highlight and center-stage your products, tools and services than by captivating a potential costumer by emphasizing the benefits, qualities and features of your products or services? A blog permits you to cultivate fresh connections with your consumers by telling them just how your product or service can benefit them.
- Tangible benefits and payoff. Having a blog is having an investment. And as with any investment, you’d want a return, right? Who would want to invest without tangible and quantifiable benefits? Thankfully, there abounds benefits any business would greatly appreciate!
Primarily, a good quality blogposts encourages searchers to share your content through social media; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social platforms, which, in turn, generates new inbound links towards your website specially when others cite you or use your content as source of trustworthy information. As with any business, any inbound link is very important particularly for any SEO initiative because it helps on the overall ranking Google’s search results. Reputable SEO practitioners and companies would tell you that high-quality; authoritative blog generates more prospects for those links produced organically.
There’s no denying that having a blog with high-quality, informative and credible content can have a huge effect and influence on the success of any business establishing online presence. Linking your industry familiarity, skills and authority with the facility to market oneself as an influential and important source on a specific topic contributes a distinctive benefit when they blog, mainly because blogs are one of the best and dependable sources of information on the internet today.
This all then boils down to one conclusion: You cannot ignore the need to blog. If you don’t have a blog right now, start one. If you are thinking of having one, don’t think, just do. Don’t know how? Contact us and we’ll gladly help you!